Reach for a healthier game-day appetizer. A simple swap in these buffalo bites boosts vegetable intake and saves calories.
If you’re looking for a perfect, healthy par-tee snack, we have one that will be easy to ace. In our continuing series Cooking With Coach, in partnership with Vanderbilt Athletics, we share healthy eating options and chat with all your favorite VU coaches. In today’s video, VU Women’s Golf Coach Greg Allen spends time with us in the kitchen to whip up Oven-Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Bites. This healthy alternative to classic buffalo chicken wings is delicious and easy to prepare, and will have your family and friends coming back for more.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine milk, flour, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl to create the batter. Pour batter over cauliflower and toss until coated.
- Add cauliflower to a larger strainer to remove excess batter.
- Place cauliflower back into a large bowl and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Toss gently to coat evenly.
- Place cauliflower on a foil-lined pan and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven, add to a large bowl, and gently toss with buffalo sauce.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is crispy.