Enjoy this peanut butter banana roll-up as a quick breakfast, snack or even dessert.
Peanut butter’s protein and healthy fats make this peanut butter banana tortilla a filling breakfast. Banana can satisfy a craving for sweets and boost your energy. It also adds complex carbohydrates and some creamy sweetness. The ingredients in this recipe are budget-friendly and represent three of the five food groups, making it a smart choice.
Optional toppings include sliced berries, chia seeds or ground flax seed. Sprinkle in a few mini chocolate chips to turn this into a dessert that’s a healthy alternative to rich, high-sugar offerings, but still offers a bit of sweetness.
- 1 whole-wheat flour tortilla (8-inch)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium banana
- Optional toppings: Sliced strawberries, blueberries, chia seeds, ground flax seeds or mini chocolate chips.
- Spread peanut butter evenly over the tortilla.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the peanut butter.
- Place banana in the center of the tortilla.
- Roll up the tortilla.
- Eat whole or slice into rounds. Eat with low-fat Greek yogurt, or with a cup of milk to increase protein and calcium.